Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Vulcan haircut+Jane Austin

I finally got the Vulcan haircut I have always wanted and have been too afraid to ask for. This is why I love Isaac. I didn't even have to ask. He just looked at my face in the mirror and gave it to me.

Should I follow his bold move with one of my own? Ask him to marry me, perhaps? Maybe he would think I only like him for his good eye and quick hands. He wishes he had a dollar for everytime a client asked him to get hitched.

I imagine going to parties and introducing ourselves. "And how did you and your charming husband meet?" "Oh, it is an enchanting story," I'd preface, "he's my haircutter."

I just finished Pride and Prejudice (I burned through it in a couple of hours). It may have influenced my thoughts a little too much in the marrying direction.

Here is a sample of one of the racier bits of Jane Austin's master piece:
"He appeared very surprised, but, recovering quickly, approached and spoke to Elizabeth, if not calmly, at least with perfect politeness. Astonished and confused, she received his greetings with embarrassment. Soon he could find no more to say, and left her to return to the house."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home