Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Getting into America

While away I got way into the U.S.A. How could this be you ask? "I mean a few entries ago you were talking about your love for Palestine, the 2 don't go together. I your dedicated and gentle reader needs proof."

Proof I'm way into America:

1. I bought jeans for $12 at wal-mart and love them (actually went to several wal-marts searching through piles of dark rinse 'faded glory' for another pair of 12 average, my size is 'average' = yesssssssss!)

2. I am way into Capt. Beefheart. I listened to him while I was driving up and down the coast saying Yeah America Yeah as I gripped the stearing wheel

3. I watch too much U-Tube from music videos and tv pilots to relationship soap operas and animated star trek dolls drinking coffee*.

4. I worked on my family's farm with a bunch of Mexican men from Oaxca. We were storing the corn harvest and coving in with huge plastic sheets after it had been packed down by a tractor. Then we threw cut up tires on top of the plastic to hold it down (who knew there was a use for old tires). God damn the rubber was heavy.

5. I only wear big hoop earings or pearl studs (because I'm middle class)

6. I admire pick-up trucks more and more

7. When eating out these days I only want hot dogs

8. I saw Jesus Camp a documentary about Evangelical Christians in the Midwest. There was lots of footage of suburban houses and highways and restaurants, and I was not surprised by how much Nebraska looks like chicago, looks like virginia beach, looks like western new york, looks like maryland, looks like dc, looks like wisconisn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia Miller said...

we should get matching bald eagle tats

7:42 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

martel has one on the fore arm already...it is shredding an american flag. How can we beat that?

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home