Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Day After

A made for TV movie from 1983 about a small town in Kansas getting hit by nuclear war heads. Pretty boring in the lead up/first hour. Clues given to the nuclear annihilation by radio and TV broadcasts playing in the background. This part was lame because it sounded exactly the same as what I hear now on the radio, thank god our enemies don't have a lot of nuclear war heads?

basically everyone gets sick and dies. Looks terrible because all their hair falls out. A few minor love interests and character developments. The best is a young Steven Guttenberg (main character in Police Academy) as a college student who finds himself linked to a family who reluctantly lets him stay in their basement/fall out shelter.

Why did I rent this? Maybe I secretly hope for a big change in the way things work here, so I won't have to look for a job anymore, etc. But if a small town in Kansas is bombed I don't even want to think about Chicago. Every time I go to work down town I imagine a terrorist attack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Steve Guttenberg can use my fallout shelter any time he wants. Nice Analysis!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home