Friday, June 30, 2006

A new Work Partner

This week I started working with a great girl named, Katrina. She is 18, has a 2 year old son, and just graduated from highschool. She has 2 tattoos, one of her nickname "mome" with a rose on her arm, and then another of her son's name above her left breast.

She is just like me: a big girl who used to do shot put and long jump in school. Then she said she changed and was in 'the streets' smoking and drinking and then got pregant.

She and I talked to over 300 kids in the past 4 days trying to convince them to wear helmets. She said she was worried, she didn't have an appetite anymore and hadn't been eating. I told her she had to eat.

She just moved out of her mom's house. She doesn't know how to cook, she got free lunch in highschool. She also wants to get her own place. She is thinking about moving into a project. She also wants to get an ipod.

In her free time she braids hair and takes her 'baby' to the park. I imagine sitting in her kitchen for a couple of hours getting my hair braided.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaitlin said...

I like bike rides by the lake with friends.

6:41 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Thanks for commenting Kaitlin. your blog is interesting.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home