Friday, August 31, 2007

Cubs Win

Last Night I went to a cubs game! Rebecca's Dad had bought tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers play the Cubs @ Wrigley Field. One of the tickets was meant for Nate, but since he left the day before for a year in Vietnam I was asked to take his place...lucky for me. I've never been to Wrigley and all I really know is that tickets seem expensive. The game was good. People talk a lot about how horrible and stupid cub fans are and how bad people from LincolnPark etc are in general. I didn't really know what they meant until yesterday.
The guys who sat behind us spoke like they were at a frat party and they were 19 years old, talking about 'dem bitches, fucking shit, and real estate.'

They were so loud and so rude. Rebecca's dad said the only times there are ever fights in Milwaukee over baseball it inolves a cubs fan...nationally known for being heathens.

It isn't simply that they are rude, it was amazing seeing what a detailed culture they have. There are ritual standings, sittings, cries and songs the entire stadium sings. Watch this video made by Ira Glass about Lincoln Park culture. He made it for this American Life, and it aired on the radio...but I think the video is particularly frightening in this case. Let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man- they were. Did you know Andrew hasn't called, written or Emailed me back since I talked to him/called him/reached out to him? How can someone be so conscienceless? Ugh.


-Rebecca

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home