Saturday, June 02, 2007

Weekend ride and sugar


Time to get serious. As my work with the Fed and CPD ends I have more time to organize the finer things in life, like friendly bike rides, exploreres club, and fried dough.

Anyone interested in riding down to 85th St and Cottage Grove next Saturday with me? The destination will be 'Dat Donut' I had one of these in February in the library of Tilden High School. It was at that moment I knew that there was something good and pure in this vast city of mediocer taste...it gave me hope...maybe I wouldn't have to move to LA or Boston to be surrounded by the enlightened people who know what a REAL donut tastes like.

This morning I talked to Shanell about my planned trip and she asked why I wanted to go (she lives a couple blocks from the shop so it isn't such a big deal for her). Why do I want to ride 40 miles (round trip) to get a donut? A: So I can eat guilt free..even though I know that after extreme exercise eating unhealthy food usually doesn't make your body feel any better...i'll probably get there and just want to eat a carrot and drink water. In other sugar food news. Wed I went to Margie's ice cream...someone sitting next to me made me laugh and I projected icecream out of both nostrils and my mouth (in essence I threw up out of my nose). I had streaks of snot/icecream all over my face, pants, and table (luckily none of the other guests were hit by the shrapnel).

2 Comments:

Blogger Franc communauté financière d'Afrique said...

(spell) check yourself before you wreck... fuck it.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Julia Miller said...

Gem Sweater has swept me up into this new world of comedy that is a combination of making fun of yourself while being very serious, wearing gold spandex, and making danceable beats that kids, teens, and young adults can enjoy

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home