Sunday, March 19, 2006

Squid and Whale

I recommend this movie not because of its keen link to the aesthetic hipness of Wes Anderson or its setting coinciding with when I was growing up (the graphic overlay that states "it is 1984" is less than best). But it (a)has good characters (b)makes you feel shitty about life (c)creates an uneasy feeling re: anna campbell as a creative writing student/slut.

all of these are things a good movie should do.

If you or anyone in your family plays tennis: see this movie.
If you have a sibling: see this movie.

I wonder if a Philistine would like this movie?

If you want to get that Philistine joke: see the movie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a crush on Jesse Eisenberg now.

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I think I am a philistine and I loved this movie... shed a tear for the museum scene at the end.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home